Thursday, March 30, 2006

WHAT IF!!

A mother's thoughts about her teenage son who died somewhere up north of Pakistan in the fierce earthquake, at his funeral.

What if…

You could see through my eyes
You could hear through my ears
You could feel what I touch
You could smell through my nose

You could draw what I would dream
You could remove what I fear
You could reap what I weep
You could blink when I think

You could dance when I smiled
You could frown when I swore
You could find when I got lost
You could dive when I would drown


But...

You do beat in my heart
You do float in my veins
You did play in my lawn
You did die in my arms



Talha Masood
November 14, 2005
5:28 am

1 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Blogger Trailady said...

This is beautiful, but very sad to me. As a mother, I picture myself saying this to my son and I feel very mournful. One of the hardest things in living is to witness the terrible suffering on this planet. I pray to God that the end of all things may come soon and an era of peace may be known...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home